Sunday, December 7, 2014

To Jaron

Today's blog is dedicated to my wonderful brother -in law, Jaron Smith.
I met Jaron almost ten years in my little apartment for dinner one night when Abraham was courting me.  Immediately I knew he was a fabulous person, a great brother and was going to be a wonderful friend. Abe had already shared with me  some stories of them growing up and their many shenanigans from their small home town in Monroe, Oregon. Some of his stories reminded me a little bit of my brother Josh and I.  I knew I was going to love him. Abe and Jaron have had their ups and down like most brothers. Now as adults I see their friendship is an unbreakable bond. I'm not a super funny person. I have my moments, but I live vicariously through Abe and Jaron's humor. They have so much and more. He and Jaron have so many funny stories of growing up and filming their many adventures in their back forty ( haunted houses in the barn, adventures in the pond, stray animals, and more home movies, ha ! ).  I've had the privilege of watching some and get a kick out of their humor. These boys had some funny, scary, intriguing, wacky ideas about life and their futures. I'm so happy I get to witness their lives as adults but it would have been fun to know them as kids.  Jaron is exceptionally business savvy, a true entrepreneur , honest ,redicouslously good at decorating, loving , kind, witty, honest, encouraging, loves nature, farming, and animals. He loves The Wizard of Oz, let me repeat that, there is much love with this movie. I love The Wizard of Oz too. I played Dorothy and the good witch in the 6th grade . It's one of my most precious moments as a kid.  I'm happy to have someone who can relate to my obsession. He has great taste in food, movies, music and of course glasses. He's a true and sincere friend. Did I say he's a comedian? He is. I can see Jaron in Abe and vice versa. The vlogs ( video blogs) I've seen by phone between him and Abe are every bit funny the millionth time Abe shows to me. Priceless. Those are keepers. The Vines he and Drisana have done are hilarious. While he's the life of the party, he's got this soft, sappy side too.  Sentimental and loves to keep memorabilia. We both have a love of llamas and alpacas. Sometimes when I'm knitting I dream about one day being in Jaron's barn        ( he'll have some day) while he's tending to the animals, I'd be taking care of the alpacas and we could have a business selling their wool. I could spin it and make beautiful skeins of yarn. He has such a big heart for animals and has beautiful dogs and cats. 
This is just a glimpse of who Jaron is. When you get to meet him in person you'll just know your heart and life is going to be a little fuller. 
Jaron and Shane moved to Missouri a few years ago and I miss them both like crazy. I love all the pictures they post together of their many outings.   Shane, I love you. You are wonderful, I  love reading about your travel adventures on Facebook .  Your Jaron is de best. Treasure him, he loves you to pieces and I know you him. 
Jaron, you are a beautiful human being and a very loving soul. Thank you for being you . What a blessing you are to so many. You have filled apart of my life that I'll keep forever. I love you. 
Love always and forever,
Your sister, Jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment