Sunday, October 26, 2014

This and That

It's been a busy couple of work weeks, which included an incredibly fun trip to Seattle.

On Sunday,  Rebecca, Kathie, Cory, Kathy and Debra took me to Churchmouse on Bainbridge Island. It was a beautiful, sunny day to take a ferry ride.  When I walked through the doors, I think I held my breath for a moment. Actually, I know I did. Talk about sensory overload. I didn't know where to look first. My left, my right? the teas? Oh my!  I poured over every skein and touched each one. A candy shop for fiber lovers. I choose two patterns, Flora's Cap and Walking Rib Cowl and Muffler. These will be two nice projects going into the winter months.  1 skein of  Isager, a yummy Alpaca Merino to go with a beautiful baby pattern book called All you knit is love. We had a nice little lunch, ice cream at Mora's and of course there was plenty of time to knit on the ferry ride. It was just one of those days you didn't want to end. What a wonderful group of ladies who took a day too hang out with me and go to a luxurious yarn shop. This was a very special day, sprinkled with some firsts for me. 


Yesterday was Dexter's 2nd birthday and we celebrated with a pupcake,  Happy Birthday bone and some treats. He's a such sweet dog with a big personality.
 I usually take Dexter for a walk in the evening and weekends, but never take my phone. I started bringing it or my Nikon to take pictures along the way. I've been so caught up with work and daily life that I've put things I enjoy on the back-burner. No more. Health, and hobbies are just too important. I'm knitting, but not as much as I would like need to.  Writing and photography have always been my serenity.  How have I kept knitting ( Thank goodness!!) , but dropped the other two things? The mediums have so much cross-over. Knitting has become more than just a hobby though. For me it's tactile, visceral and so calming. Wooden needles in hand, touching ever so soft Alpaca and reading a pattern is incredible soothing and simply enjoyable.  It's funny how it only takes one "thing" to help reel us back in and remind us of forgotten love. We need those moments, people and places to remind of us our passions.  

Purple and Cream? Fingerless Gloves? 
Fall Socks? 


It's the start of a new week and almost the end of October already. The weather has changed in Eugene and it feels like a soup night. 
Today I made a spring mix salad with pecans, blue cheese, cranberries, and raspberries, tossed with a champagne dressing. Mmmm. 
I've got several knitting projects going and am being very indecisive on what I'm going to work on or try to finish. The wrap? Abe's hat? The Avery Cowl that I'm still having issues with? The HighClere Castle scarf? Hmm. so many choices. Maybe something new? You can never have too many things on the needles.  Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment